EXECUTIVE VIRTUAL ASSISTANT / CEO
Hello, I’m Beth Beutler.
I'm an Executive Virtual Assistant who runs this collective called HOPE Unlimited, where we help overwhelmed professionals excel (& exhale!)
I've spent my career (over 30 years, but who's counting?) administrating, leading, managing, communicating, planning and more. Despite the challenges, I love running a business and putting my administrative, leadership, communication and creative skills to work. Most of my career has been spent in the small business or non-profit sector, positioning me to be a fitting help to entrepreneurs--especially those with a mission.
I started H.O.P.E. Unlimited in 2005 and it has been the umbrella company under which I place my freelance writing, speaking, and client work. In the latter part of 2014, I narrowed the focus of H.O.P.E. Unlimited to the types of services we offer now--specifically virtual assistance support and administrative life resources.
I'm an only child who is an achiever type. After finishing high school as Valedictorian (because I didn't have to take a foreign language or high level math at the time) I graduated from University of Saint Joseph in May of 1987 and got married to Keith (also an only child) the following weekend. We had a son in 1991 and now enjoy empty nesting as he pursues a rewarding career. I began writing more regularly in 2005 when I published my first book, Time Management, Jesus' Way, and have been blogging for several years.
I'm a fast-paced D/I personality that is about an equal blend of task/people orientation and introvert/extrovert--a fairly eclectic person who enjoys dabbling in a variety of pursuits. My soft skills descriptors and hard skills competencies include:
- Excellent communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pleasant demeanor
- Dedicated team player
- D/I on DISC
- StrengthsFinder Strengths:
- Woo (winning others over)
- 87 WPM typing speed
- Prove It Word ’07 test score: 93
- Prove It PowerPoint ’07 test score: 93
- Prove It Excel ’07 test score: 100
- Business writing (published)
- Editing/proofreading/basic graphic design
- Project and event planning
- Schedule management
- Employee training and development
But the foundation of my life is based on my journey of being a devoted follower of Christ and the good news of the gospel--a lasting hope. It's not attached to a particular religion or denominational association, and I don't expect that our clients follow the same faith practice. My beliefs affect the core values of how we operate, and I've been known to pray for clients (and which they seem to appreciate.)
My hope is that what I, and my team of independent contractors (who are also not required to practice the same beliefs) bring to your life and business are attitudes and actions which reflect the following:
- Honesty: operating with ethics; giving truthful yet gracious feedback; not manipulating situations for our own benefit; doing what we say we will do when we say we will do it.
- Organization: using efficient, streamlined systems to reduce the overwhelm in our client's lives
- Proactivity: seeking to collaborate with clients to improve their professional (or if applicable, personal) lives, not just do assigned tasks; making suggestions when appropriate; and keeping ahead of deadlines.
- Engagement: being timely in responses; practicing appropriate warmth in dialog; and a being a team player with a collaborative attitude.
One of our clients honored me with this statement, "The HOPE family ties are deep." We're trying to do and be something special here, and we'd love to welcome you to the family as a reader, student, client, sponsor, or friend. Want to talk about it (or anything else mentioned here?) Schedule a free 30-minute conversation.