The culture in your workplace is unique. It is influenced by the dispositions of everyone on the team, the policies by which you work, and the environment, among other things. Each worker on the team has an influence on the morale in your workplace, whether or not they have a title such as “manager.” So since you are responsible (in part) for the morale in your workplace, here are four ways to boost it:
1. Quit whining. No workplace is perfect, and sometimes you feel like venting. But if that’s the only thing you do, rather than try to figure out a solution, you’ll always be unhappy.
2. Consider others as better than yourself. That annoying coworker? Try to think of her with more honor than you give yourself. Pray for her. Do something nice for her. Be thankful for something about her.
[callout]Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves… [biblegateway passage=”Philippians 2:3″] #bgbg2[/callout]
3. Do something kind for your coworkers. Bring in a treat. Clean up the break room. Give someone a compliment.
4. Try some creative ideas such as games or discussion prompters. I know just the source for them!
My newest book, Boost Your Workplace Morale: A Practical Guide for Employees (and Their Managers) is a short, fun read that gives 13 chapters of ideas and concepts for improving workplace morale, including:
- 12 types of employees (are you Thankful Ted, Clean-up Cathy, or someone else?)
- 12 discussion prompters (both informal and business related)
- 12 team building activities (What can you do with a puzzle?)
Each chapter has twelve ideas, to make it easy to consider, discuss, or experience one per month for a year. There is a bonus chapter of resources as well.
The book is now available in paperback ($5.39) or e-book ($2.99) via Amazon. Click here for more information or to order.
BONUS: The special “launch” period for this book is July 24-August 3, a 10 day period with unique opportunities!
During this period only: Buy either version of the book and you’ll receive a free PDF of a basic personality assessment (normally $3.99) mentioned in the book.
Spread the word about the book and be entered into a drawing for a free surprise package from me. The winner will receive some surprises along with his/her choice of one of the following autographed paperbacks:
Boosting Workplace Morale: A Practical Guide for Employees (and Their Managers)
A Light for Your Path: Helping You Reflect on Each Chapter of the Bible
Organizing from the Heart: Change Your Mindset, Conquer Your Challenges
I’d like to get Boosting Workplace Morale into as many hands as possible during launch week. Thank you for your help! Enter below!