The name HOPE Unlimited has a lot of nuanced meaning, and I wanted to use this page to explain the foundation of this company.
As a follower of Jesus Christ, my faith is at the core of everything I do. Through the years, HOPE Unlimited has served both the business and the faith community. It's current focus is on Helping Overwhelmed Professionals Excel, primarily those pursuing their own businesses or online platforms of some sort, but also those who are trying to juggle the demands of a busy professional and personal life. While our products and services have changed somewhat, moving more toward the business rather than religious community, we have not changed our core beliefs and principles.
We believe in Jesus Christ alone as Savior, and that a simple relationship with Him, based on what He did for us on the cross, is available to anyone who places their trust in Him, regardless of religious background or affiliation. If you are interested in knowing more about what this means, we'd love for you to contact us.
We look to the Bible as our foundation of guidance for life and business practices. While we appreciate other sources of wisdom, the Bible (using contextual understanding) is the premier source of values for us.
Members of our collective are not required to share or practice the same faith as my husband and I do. Several do, but we do not require it. However, we do encourage them to align with the core values of the company so that we can be described in the following ways:
- Honest: operating with ethics; giving truthful yet gracious feedback; not manipulating situations for our own benefit; doing what we say we will do when we say we will do it.
- Organized: using efficient, streamlined systems to reduce the overwhelm in our client's lives
- Proactive: seeking to collaborate with clients to improve their professional (or if applicable, personal) lives, not just do assigned tasks; making suggestions when appropriate; and keeping ahead of deadlines.
- Engaged: being timely in responses with clients and one another; practicing appropriate warmth in dialog; and a being a team player enthusiastic about HOPE Unlimited’s mission to Help Overwhelmed Professionals Excel.
We do not require our clients and customers to share our faith views. We are delighted that this has not been a problem.
One of the other things we do to bring HOPE to the world is to have a Give HOPE Fund, used in a variety of ways to be a blessing to others.
We defer a small portion of each redeemed prepaid client hour and our Breath of HOPE Learning Center income into that account. We also give clients a completely optional opportunity at each order to direct a small portion (i.e. ¼ or ½ hour or more) from their order into the Give HOPE Fund.
We draw from the funds in a number of ways:
- Providing one-time strategy sessions that help professionals figure out better ways to manage their tasks and/or discover if virtual assistance/resources are a fit for them.
- Participating in the Adopt-A-Cop program, providing gifts of encouragement to a deputy in the Greenville County Sheriff's Office.
- Drawing paid time to volunteer for a non-profit, educational, or community service organization, event or initiative
- Purchasing Facebook advertising or PR services for a non-profit
- Sponsoring a community-service event
- Providing VA services to community-service organizations or NPO's without billing the organization
- Commissioning and/or paying for time and material to produce special projects (i.e. involving writing, design, audio/visual) that we wish to provide totally free (i.e., our HOPE in Action projects.)
- Assisting an individual or family that may have a need, particularly when our specific services can help
- Providing some free consultation time for certain individuals or organizations focusing on helping others
- Participating in fund raising and/or wellness events such as 5Ks that will benefit causes
- Helping with a professional expense for a young person in the college or young adult stage of their career
- Making general donations to worthy causes or initiatives of meaning to those in our collective, especially if the donation will provide a tool or service related to administrative/marketing needs.
You'll see below other resources to guide you toward lasting hope ... the kind that goes beyond being successful in business.
Thanks for reading, and contact me if you wish to have a conversation about any of this.
One of our biggest Give HOPE Fund projects was the non-denominational Bible study that you can download here. It was a collaborative effort for the benefit of Life In Abundance and is a guide through Psalm 3, offered to help anyone who feels unsettled or overwhelmed about any concern(s) in their lives, professional OR personal. We hope it will be a blessing to many.
Beth and Keith are currently in fellowship with Summit Church in the upstate of South Carolina. This link provides information on the mission, values, and statement of faith of the ministry, and we felt it was a good description of our journey with Christ for those who are interested.